Asia Europe People's Forum 6, 2006
- Final Declaration Helsinki, 6 September 2006
- Presentation by Charles Santiago Helsinki, September 2006
- Contribution from Susan George Helsinki, 5 September 2006
- Asia-Europe cooperation, not competition, is key to defending social welfare TNI Press Release, 4 September 2006 - Spanish version - Dutch version
The Asia Europe People’s Forum (AEPF) will be held on 3-6 September 2006 in Helsinki, Finland. It is the sixth civil society forum to be held in parallel to the biannual Asia Europe Summit (ASEM), offering non-corporate, people-centered alternatives to the neo-liberalism of the official ASEM summit.
- ASEM Warned: Don't use bilaterals to revive WTO agenda
TNI Press Release, Brussels, 31 August 2006
- Privileged Access for Business Lobbyists Undermines ASEM's Credibility
A backgrounder by Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO), August 2006 - PDF version
- General AEBF information 6 August 2006
TNI Fellows Brid Brennan, Susan George, Achin Vanaik and Hilary Wainwright will attend. The Institute is also participating in several workshops across the AEPF’s three main themes: Peace and Security, Economic Security and Social Rights and Democracy and Human Rights.