Korbach Resolution to Stop Fracking
TNI is one of the many supporters of the Korbach Resolution, initiated by German anti-fracking-initiatives.
On the 4th and 5th of May 2013 German anti-fracking-initiatives met in Korbach to promote a stronger network and an exchange of experiences.
We address the following demands to the German federal government, the German federal states and the European Union:
• An immediate ban without any exemptions of all types of fracking with regard to the research, exploration and exploitation of fossil energy sources.
This ban should apply whether or not the fracturing occurs with or without chemicals, hydraulically or in other ways.
• A general import- and trade-ban on “fracked” fossil energy sources.
• A general ban on the injection of the flowback or the underground disposal of fluids and waste water.
• A revision of the mining law. The revision must focus on ensuring the highest environmental standards and the participation rights of the public.
• A consistent implementation of the political decision in favour of the “Energiewende”, i.e. a move away from fossil energy sources, a development of renewable energies and an improvement of energy efficiency