The G8 Alternatives Summit "Ideas to Change the World" was held on Sunday 3 July on various locations (Usher Hall, Queens Hall and Edinburgh University) in Edinburgh.
TNI Fellows Walden Bello and Susan George, together with Trevor Ngwane, Samir Amin, George Monbiot, Berenice Celeyta, Meena Raman and The Yes Men spoke at the conference "Corporate Dream ... Global Nightmare", Assembly Hall, Royal Mile, 3 July 2005, organised by War on Want, Friends of the Earth, World Development Movement and People & Planet.
TNI on G8
- Roelien Knottnerus WTO Update. Summer 2005 TNI Website, 18 August 2005
- Roeline Knottnerus and Tuur Elzinga G8: Spurious Solutions to Poverty TNI Website, 3 August 2005
- Boris Kagarlitsky Africa First Eurasian Home, 14 July 2005
- Walden Bello Making the G8 a History Focus on the Global South, 6 July 2005
- Carbon Trade Watch Hoodwinked in the Hothouse. The G8, Climate Change and Free-market Environmentalism TNI Briefing Series 3, June 2005
- Civil Society Statement on Debt and Climate Change 7 July 2005
- Interview with Susan George "Hay que cerrar los paraísos fiscales y gravar las transacciones de capital". La lucha mundial contra la pobreza El País, 27 June 2004 [Spanish]
- Basker Vashee on Amsterdam Forum Making Poverty History. A Debate on Africa and Debt Radio Netherlands, 18 June 2005 [Transcript and Audio file]
- Tom Blickman G8 and Security TNI Website, 17 June 2005
- Praful Bidwai Great Power Delusions The Hindustan Times, 13 June 2003
- The Evian Challenge. A Civil Society Call for the EU to Withdraw its GATS Water Requests TNI/CEO, 22 May 2003
- Susan George The Global Citizens Movement. A New Actor For a New Politics Budapest, 18 October 2001 - Versión español
- Walden Bello "Creative Destruction". Next Phase of the Global Economy? Focus on Trade, No. 65, August 2001
- Walden Bello Genoa and the Multiple Crises of Globalisation Focus on Trade 64, July 2001
- Susan George G8: Are You Happy? TNI Website, 24 July 2001
- Walden Bello The Battle of Genoa The Nation online, 23 July 2001
- Walden Bello All Roads Lead to Genoa Red Pepper, July 2001
- Howard Wachtel Whither the Washington Consensus The Hague, March 2000
- Walden Bello Architectural Blueprints, Development Models and Political Strategies Bangkok, 23-26 March 1999
For more information log on to www.g8alternatives.org.uk
The next meeting of the most powerful nations in the world is set to take place this July in Scotland. However, the billions of people most affected by the policies and decisions of the G8 will not be present to make their voices heard. Raised Voices aims to create vital space for some of those voices of the absent majority - unmediated and uncensored. This set of filmed testimonies is available to watch online.
Press Release 28 June 2005
SEEN's Diary from Gleneagles
SEEN Director Daphne Wysham is one of only a handful of civil society representatives inside the G-8 Summit in Gleneagles, Scotland. These are her thoughts, in reverse chronological order...
Related websites and documents