Events at the 63rd Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs
The 63rd Sesssion of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs takes place from 2nd to 6th March 2020. TNI and its partners will participate at this annual series of meetings and co-hosts five side events on 5th and 6th March 2020.
The Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) is the annual gathering in Vienna of all United Nations member states to discuss and make decisions on a wide range of issues related to the global drug control system. This year marks the 63rd Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs. Five draft resolutions will be discussed throughout the week, and are available for review on this page. Included in the agenda of the Plenary is a discussion on the WHO's first-ever critical review of cannabis.
There are more than 100 side events organised outside of the formal meetings held at the CND. This year, TNI co-hosts five side events in collaboration with partners from Latin America and Asia.
- Thursday 5 March 08:00 - 08:50 Transformation of opium poppy economies: Crises, booms and future drug policies MOE 100
- Thursday 5 March 08:00 - 08:50 Social norms and rituals: Individual and collective self-regulation strategies in cannabis use MOE 79
- Thursday 5 March 14:00 - 15:00 Launch of a study on smokable cocaine markets in Latin America and the Caribbean: A call for a sustainable policy response MOE 100
- Friday 6 March 08:00 - 08:50 Exploring the regulation of Cannabis markets in Latin America MOE 6
- Friday 6 March 13:00 - 13:50 Myanmar drugs policy reform and civil society perspective MOE 100
Click event flyers for more information.