Session on the violations with impunity of the human rights of migrant and refugee peoples
The Permanent Peoples Tribunal (PPT) holds a special session to address Europe's policies on migrants and refugees. Fortress Europe has led to many disappeared persons and the death of thousands during their journey to reach the borders of southern and eastern Europe.
- Registration in the google doc here
- Contact: email@example.com
- More information can be found here
The session is a kick off for hearings to be held in 2017 and 2018.
During the hearings the Tribunal will:
- Document the testimonies of communities of migrants and refugees, including their proposals to advance a right-bases approach and an alternative framework
- Listen and make visible the cases of violations of the rights of migrants and refugees
- Analyse the root causes of the forced displacement of migrants and refugees, including trade and investment agreements, global extractivism
- Determine the responsibilities of governments, including the European Union and other official European bodies
- Analyse the role of transnational corporations in the global labour chain, the border regimes, and in detention and deportation