Food Otherwise: Towards fair and sustainable food and agriculture systems
Do you want to learn, experience, think along and discuss new and feasible food and agriculture systems with others? Would you like to build bridges and help to achieve a more sustainable and fair food and agriculture system? Do you want to get to know sustainable (young) farmers? Become inspired by innovative examples from the Netherlands, Flanders and abroad? Then come to our two day conference in Wageningen on 21 and 22 February 2014!
- Olivier de Schutter, UN rapporteur on the right to food
- Pablo Tittonell, professor Farming Systems Ecology Wageningen University
- Hanny van Geel, farmer and board member of La Via Campesina Europe
- Vandana Shiva, Indian scientist and activist (tbc)
For whom? Farmers, consumers, scientists, beekeepers, students, artists, professionals in the food and agro sectors, policymakers, politicians and journalists.
Translation English-Dutch provided in the plenary sessions. Some workshops will be in English.
Workshops and discussions around several themes, such as:
- Local food networks: from producer to consumer
- The power of large agricultural corporations
- Fair incomes for farmers
- Urban agriculture
- Permaculture / food forests
- Fair trade and Agricultural policies
- Land rights
- Seeds and biodiversity
- Soil and closed-loop agriculture
Costs: € 50 for two days (€ 25 for students and low incomes), coffee and tea and excursions included. (Lunch and dinner can be bought on site.
Programme and registration: http://www.st-otherwise.org/towards-fair-and-sustainable-food-and-agriculture-systems-conference/