About the Global Campaign to Dismantle Corporate Power and Stop Impunity
TNI is co-convening the Global Campaign to Dismantle Corporate Power and Stop Impunity.
This campaign aims to:
- highlight the economic and ecological crimes caused by corporations;
- draw attention to the international 'architecture of impunity', such as international trade and investment agreements, that allow corporations to perpetuate corporate crimes;
- tackle the influence and control of governments and international bodies by corporations;
- propose binding legal mechanisms for holding corporations accountable for their actions;
- strengthen solidarity towards communities and sectors resisting violations of human rights and people’s rights by corporations;
- develop a People’s International Treaty on economic and political alternatives, which includes proposals for binding obligations and legal mechanisms for holding corporations accountable for their actions.
The campaign website can be found here: http://www.stopcorporateimpunity.org