The Transnational Institute (TNI) is looking for an intern to join our communications team
Help activists, scholars and policy makers learn about our work. Tell the TNI story. Help make our social media shine.
We are seeking a dedicated intern for two or three days a week for a minimum of three months. We are looking for an intern who is interested in working in the field of digital communications and has a political and activist spirit.
Some duties may include:
- Helping to refine and apply our influencer outreach strategies
- Creating content and strategies for social media
- Helping to craft short written summaries of articles and reports
- Upload to TNI's websites
- Occasionally writing articles or blogs
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a Bachelor or Masters student that has experience with social media and content marketing and campaigning.
- is eager to take a strategic approach to social media and has strong ideas about what works and what doesn’t for an organisation like TNI
- has a good command of English
- demonstrates an interest in TNI's work and history
- demonstrates a developed knowledge of current affairs
- learns very quickly
On top of this it would be amazing if you have:
- a working knowledge of Spanish and/or Dutch and/or Burmese
- a good knowledge of SEO
- graphic design skills
What we offer and hiring process
Location: our lovely office in Amsterdam. It's full of interesting books and people.
Learning: We will work together to find opportunities to provide training and help with your professional development.
Team: You will work closely with the Web master, Communications Officers, Translator and Communications Coordinator, as well as several researchers as part of the communications team.
Compensation: TNI can offer a modest compensation.
Hiring process: We hope to conduct interviews (if needed) by 25 March 2019 and make a selection by 1 April 2019.
How to apply: Please send a short motivation letter, CV and two samples of relevant recent work (professional or personal social media work, writing samples or a portfolio for example) to John Kerseboom to jobs[@]tni.org before 21 March 2019 with "Communications intern" in the subject line.
Because we want a talented intern, we will search for enthusiastic and capable candidates regardless of experience level. We take internships seriously and want to help you develop your skills.
Please note that an EU work permit is required.
About the Transnational Institute
The Transnational Institute is an international research and advocacy institute committed to building a just, democratic and sustainable planet. For more than 40 years, TNI has served as a unique nexus between social movements, engaged scholars and policy makers. TNI has gained an international reputation for carrying out well researched and radical critiques and anticipating and producing informed work on key issues long before they become mainstream concerns. Learn more at www.tni.org