The Transnational Institute (TNI) seeks a FINANCE CONTROLLER/MANAGER (0.8 - 1 FTE )
The Transnational Institute (TNI) is looking for a full-time Financial Controller to join our team in Amsterdam as soon as possible. If you are bilingual, digital savvy and energetic with an idealistic bent, then this might be the job you have been looking for!
- An opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network.
- An office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
- Hours: 28 - 36 hours/week
- Contract duration: fixed term contract till end 2020, with possibility of extension funds allowing
- Salary: The gross annual salary, including statutory 8% holiday payment, would be € 42.768 (fulltime), negotiable depending on experience. The salary is pegged to scale 10 in the CAO Welzijn.
- In addition, TNI offers a basic 25 days paid leave a year and employer contributions to a group pension fund.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS INCLUDE:
- Improved financial systems, policies and procedures
- Well-managed and effective Finance Unit
- Financial obligations to donors are met to the highest standards
- Well-coordinated preparation of the annual budget and quarterly management reports
- Well-coordinated and supported fundraising budgets
- Good liaison with the auditors, external salary administrators, bank account managers as well as
- donors and partners
- Sound financial advice is available to the Director and Board as required
The Financial Controller reports to the Director. S/he leads a small team comprised of a Finance Officer (0.75 FTE) and a Bookkeeping Assistant (0.6 FTE), and has the support of external salary administrators.
TNI has current grant contracts of various sizes with around 20 donors and an annual budget of around Euro 4 m.
- At least 3 - 5 years senior-level Financial Controller/Finance Manager experience
- SPD, HEAO-BE or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Accounting software (including Unit 4)
- Experience with Open Source software, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC), reporting tools
- Experience with financial reporting to donors (eg. EU Just/Devco projects, overseas development
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Excellent people communication skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Strong affinity with TNI’s Vision, Mission and Values
- EU work permit
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to John Kerseboom (email@example.com) by 27 October 2017. Please include your curriculum vitae and a letter demonstrating why you would be perfect for this position.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will take place in the beginning of November.