The Transnational Institute (TNI) seeks a Treasurer for its Supervisory Board
The Transnational Institute (TNI), based in Amsterdam in The Netherlands, is looking for a Treasurer to join its Supervisory Board. This is an unpaid position that involves 2 quarterly meetings per year, plus two annual meetings per year. TNI has a current turnover of around Euro 4 million per year, and is run on a non-profit basis.
- Strong affinity with the vision, mission and values of TNI
- Integrity and accountability
- Time to invest in TNI's Supervisory Board
- Experience with being a Supervisory Board member of a non-profit organisation
- Expertise or experience relevant to the contemporary strategic goals of TNI
Profile of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board
The Audit Committee is comprised of one member of the Supervisory Board and is responsible for management systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting quarterly with the Management Board and financial controller to discuss quarterly financial accounts of the Foundation, and advising the Supervisory Board accordingly
- Meeting annually with the Management Board and financial controller to discuss the annual budget and its alignment with the annual strategic plan, and adherence to implementation of the recommendations of the external accountant with regard to financial administration, internal controls and risk mitigation as laid down in the annual management letter from the external accountants, and advising the Supervisory Board accordingly
- Meeting annually with the external accountant, Management Board and financial controller to discuss annual audited accounts, the state of the Foundation administration, internal control and risk mitigation systems, and advising the Supervisory Board accordingly
In addition to the characteristics outlined above, the Audit Committee has the
following characteristics and competences:
- Expertise in finance, financial administration and accounting
- Able to communicate financial matters in plain words
- Capacity to analyse finances and make practical recommendations for improvements to
- financial sustainability
- Capacity to advise on investments and increasing income would be additionally valued
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to John Kerseboom (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31 October 2017. Please include your curriculum vitae, and a letter motivating why you would be perfect for this position.
Interviews with short-listed candidates will take place by mid-November 2017, and a final decision taken at the Supervisory Board meeting of 15 December 2017.