Taking Health Back from Corporations - Webinar recording
This webinar brought together experts in healthcare and activists at the forefront of struggles for equitable universal public healthcare from across the globe at a time when the COVID-19 pandemic has shown the necessity of a healthcare system driven by people rather than profit.
- Susan George, Author and President of the Transnational Institute
- Baba Aye, Health Officer, Public Services International
- Mark Heywood, Treatment Action Campaign, Section27 and editor at the Daily Maverick
- Kajal Bhardwaj, Independent lawyer and expert on health, trade and human rights
- David Legge, Peoples Health Movement Moderator: Monica Vargas, Corporate Power Project, Transnational Institute
The webinar was organised by TNI and co-sponsored by the Alternative Information & Development Centre (AIDC), South Africa, Focus on the Global South, Asia, the People's Health Movement (PHM), Public Services International (PSI), RedLAM-Red Latinoamericoana Acceso a Medicamentos, ABIA-Brazilian AIDS Interdisciplinary Association, GTIP/Rebrip-Working Group on Intelectual Property, Geneva Global Health Hub (G2H2), Corporate Accountability International (CAI), and Global Justice Now (GJN).