Land Issues in Europe - from Land Grabbing to Land Reform
Follow the live stream
(Interpretation: EN ES FR PT DE)
- 9h00 - 9h20: Welcome and Introduction
Welcome : Gabi Zimmer President GUE/NGL (Germany)
Introduction : Javier Sanchez, Member of the ECVC Coordination Committee
- 9h20-10h30: 1st Panel – Access to Land, land concentration and land grabbing
Jan Douwe van der Ploeg, Professor at Wageningen University in the Netherlands -
Presentation of the Land Grabbing Report
Willy Schuster, Ecoruralis, Romanian national case study
Eva García Sempere, Coordinator of the Spatial Planning and Environment Unit of IU
Andalucía "Land Grabbing in Andalusia (Spain): Preparation of the Land Public Bank
Moderator: Willy Meyer, GUE/NGL MEP (Spain)
- 10h30 – 11h00: Press Conference/ Coffee break.
- 11h00 – 12h10: 2nd Panel - Are the EU and national policies favoring equal access to land and the entry into farming by prospective (young and small) farmers?
Tassos Haniotis, Director - European Commission, DG Agriculture - Economic analysis,
perspectives and evaluations.
Patrick Le HYARIC, MEP GUE/NGL (France)
Antonio Onorati, ARI and President of Crocevia - Proposal for a EU Directive on Lands
Andrea Ferrante, Member of the ECVC Coordination Committee
Moderator: Geneviève Savigny, Member of the ECVC Coordination Committee
- 12h10-12h30: Debate and conclusions by Joao Ferreira, MEP GUE/NGL (Portugal)
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org + 32 2 284 7557
press contact: Gianfranco Battistini email@example.com + 32 475 646628