Video recording - Webinar on Building an internationalist response to COVID-19
Recording of a webinar TNI organised on 1 April at 4pm (CET) on the global dimensions of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and how social movements could respond.
The panel featured the following guests:
- Sonia Shah, author of Pandemic: Tracking contagions from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond (2017)
- Luis Ortiz Hernandez, public health professor in UAM-Xochimilco, Mexico. Expert on social and economic health inequities.
- Benny Kuruvilla, Head of India Office, Focus on the Global South, working closely with Forum For Trade Justice.
- Mazibuko Jara, Deputy Director, Tshisimani Centre for Activist Education, helping to coordinate a national platform of civic organisations in South Africa to confront COVID-19.
- Umyra Ahmad, Advancing Universal Rights and Justice Associate, Association for Women's Rights in Development (AWID), Malaysia This webinar was co-sponsored by Alternative Information and Development Centre, South Africa and Focus on the Global South/Asia.
Thanks to artist Elizabeth Niarhos for this beautiful illustration of our first webinar.