This webinar explores who owns our data and why it matters, the relevance of data extraction for countries in the Global South, and the impact of COVID-19. What strategies, structures and institutions are needed at national and international levels to confront Big Tech and reclaim our data commons? What opportunities are available in this time of a pandemic to advance digital justice?
- Anita Gurumurthy, Founding member and director of IT for Change, India
- Ben Tarnoff, Tech worker, writer, and founding editor of Logic magazine, US.
- Caroline Nevejan, Chief Science Officer for City of Amsterdam
- Nanjira Sambuli, Researcher and advocacy strategist, Kenya
- Vahini Naidu, Department of Trade, Industry and Competition, South Africa